Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mmmmm Cocaine..

Good morning kiddies are you ready for your daily dose of fuck you? No? Fuck you anyway. Here is the reason why, because you have heard about Cocaine Cowboys and still not seen it. This is fucking crazy talk, because you can go right now and stream that shit on Netflix.



This movie changed how Hollywood was able to approach Pablo Escobar as a movie character. Billy Corben, the director, discovered early on that this guy was worse then a bond villain in real life. I mean just a nasty motherfucker who would kill you just as soon as have coffee with you and neither would change his mood. If he were a character in a movie you would not believe he was real because he was too well rounded as a villain.

Quick note about me, I grew up in Miami, my father was a member of both The Cricket Club and The Playboy Club, and there were pictures in the movie with men I called Uncle this or that, it was fucking awesome and horrifying, much like the movie. Cocaine Cowboys was as engrossing as any fictional drug dealer drama made, which made it horrifying for me when I realized that my father had been in contact with one of the most violent organizations to that point in history. My family was lucky and got out unscathed, a lot of my friends cannot say the same, their fathers who were V.P. of various small banks were all of a sudden federal criminals serving time.

Basically see Cocaine Cowboys because it fucking rules, the fact that you might understand how Miami became the cesspool of corruption it is, bonus. What I am saying is this just because you might actually learn something from a movie does not make it boring, stop acting stupid, watch this movie learn about something cool and have a good time.
 

2 comments:

  1. I went to school with Willie Falcon's daughter. He was one of the original cocaine cowboys... Anyway, the summer before 8th grade, he put a hit on his wife out of pure suspicion. My friend sat in the front seat of the car and watched her mother get shot as she walked into the grocery store. Now that's some fucked up shit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that, it is terrifying when you think about it. Glad it is in the past.

    ReplyDelete